[78-L] Fred Waring CDs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Feb 25 12:49:25 PST 2009

From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
>> For anyone interested, I see that the official Fred Waring site is
>> offering some new OTR CDs, of Waring shows going back to 1933,
 > including a 12-CD set that looks quite nice.
>> http://www.libraries.psu.edu/waringcollections/songlists.htm#otr2
>>
>> Dave W.
>>
>> _
You have to go to the home page and thru the sales page to make any
sense of how to buy these.  Note that the disc Watch the Fords Go By
includes segments from the Feb 12, 1934 program where George Gershwin
plays, talks, and participates in a choral parody of Rhapsody In Blue,
celebrating its 10th anniv that day.  Peter sent me a cassette a few
years ago, it's good stuff.  World recorded the Ford programs, so the
sound quality is fantastic -- at least it is on the disc I have from the
series.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com