[78-L] Utah Mormon Blues (Phil Pavey, OK 45355)

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 16:54:40 PST 2009

Does anyone know what this song is about? I can't find the lyrics or a recording
online, and the title is intriguing enough that I had to ask.There was another
country song about Mormonism recorded in 1929, Carl T. Sprague's "The
Mormon Cowboy" on Victor 40246, but otherwise I've never encountered many
songs about the religion (although it's not surprising that country-western would
be the genre to address it it--Mormons also figure prominently in some Western
films and novels early in the 20th century).

-Harold