[78-L] old aluminum record (possible to copy?)

AllenAmet at aol.com AllenAmet at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 09:55:02 PST 2009

Hi folks,

  The following letter is from someone who has an (unusual?)  16-inch
aluminum transcription disc - prob 33 rpm. Is there anyone in the AZ  area who could
help him obtain a modern recording of it? His email address is at  bottom...

<< this is a non-commercial electrical transcription disc made around
1934-35 in a radio station -- WCAU -- in Philadelphia, PA.  It is aluminum  with
three holes around the center hole and coated with a dark vinyl or  something
like that.  It has recordings on both sides.

>From my Mother's verbal description, it contains recordings of  my parents'
interview with Taylor Grant, a radio personality from  that date.  I would love
to hear their voices again and to find out if  the record has any historical
value to preserve .

George Brown in AZ.  _geogin3 at msn.com_ (mailto:geogin3 at msn.com)

**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.