[78-L] It's Tight Like That - packing lessons from R Buckminster Fuller

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 11:59:36 PST 2009

Warped records fit into this discussion.  Mike's story of the flat but crushed records described below makes the case for some kind of soft packing between the records that will allow some "give" without the sandwich being loose enough for the stuff to slide.  It can be done, but takes a little practice, or just being careful and pay attention to what you're doing.  I shipped some warped records in an album home from a trip once and had to be creative on the spot.  A few sheets of paper towel between the records in the album sleeves, a plastic shipping bag around the records but inside the album, 2 more bags over the whole album with packing tape to hold it together inside a box with a little of every kind of packing I could scrape up and they got here OK.

I know, it was a good line, Mike, but the tractor parts package was for a local farmer in his 90's who has gone back to farming when his retirement from some big outfit that he worked for 50 years dried up and blew away.  He's trying to keep from losing the farm by working it himself again.  78 Content: "We Won't Have to Sell the Farm" by Ben Bernie and the Lads on blue wax Columbia.

Has anyone tried recording directly on the uncoated pizza?

Rodger

For Best Results use Mozzarella.

.