[78-L] Marilyn Monroe holding a 78!

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Fri Feb 20 23:56:39 PST 2009

At 01:33 AM 2/21/2009, you wrote:
>We know that Marilyn Monroe recorded 78s, but here is a photo taken by
>Harold Lloyd of Marilyn listening to a phonograph while holding a 78.
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/32348795@N05/3122167638/in/pool-952682@N22
>
>Is that a maroon label Columbia?????

Saved the picture to my hard drive then enlarged it so I could see
the label better. Looks more like a deep red label with gold print &
a gold ring. Yes it's a Columbia (I've never seen one with that label
before) however the picture is too blurry to make out other details
besides the Columbia name on the label.

>Guys,  the record.
>
>Check out the record.
>
>There's a record in the picture.
>
>Guys.
>

>Mike (oh I give up) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Sorry, this guy (me at 50 years of age) is too busy staring at
Marilyn!! I've never seen this picture before. Too bad she wasn't
topless or better yet butt naked.....