[78-L] copyright calculator

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Feb 20 17:04:03 PST 2009

Steve Wixson wrote:
> This doesn't work for records, correct?  Steve

That is quite true.  It reflects the fact that most librarians don't
know squat about sound recordings, something that ARSC and IASA noted
decades ago.  It goes to their training and the lack of knowledge and
interest of their educators.  They don't know any better, and often get
shocked when assigned to work with their library's audio-video
collection.  It is fascinating listening to the newbie questions at
ARSC, because librarys would rather drag book people kicking and
screaming into their AV areas rather than hire knowledgable collectors
or properly trained archivists.  Probably fits the description of
Rodger's school's librarian, right?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com