[78-L] Do a-bay dealers usually follow your packing instructions?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 20 15:09:09 PST 2009

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> For those of you who give safe packing instructions to sellers, are
> they followed in your experience or ignored?

With a couple of exceptions (like one seller in Nevada to whom I sent a box and
cardboards, and from whom I received badly broken records in her own packing)
they follow the instructions.

> What about those that don't give instructions, how do your a-bay 78's
> usually arrive packed?

Why do you think I stopped buying on eBay?

Incidentally, overpacking is just as bad as underpacking. I've had sellers put
all sorts of things between album sleeves, thinking they were adding more
protection when instead they were dooming the discs.

I'm all in favor of leaving discs IN an album and securing the sleeves within
the covers..the discs have spent the last 60 years in those albums and are
often warped or dished in a specific shape, and removing them and packing them
tightly like a hockey puck can be more damaging than shipping them as they were.

> a-bay = ebay......
	= oy vay