[78-L] Right song, wrong album! (was GUM TREE CANOE)

Glen Richards glenster at 2multiples.com
Fri Feb 20 10:47:50 PST 2009

Oooops. I think *this* is the correct LP, copied from an expired eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item= 380085560474

2RS 1041.  101 Gang Songs.  Bing Crosby and His Friends.  Vitaphonic.
Stereo.  Long Play.  Made in U.S.A.  Warner Bros. Records, Inc.

Side One:  The etching:  38573-1, A 1,

1. Shine On Harvest Moon; That's Where My Money Goes; Harrigan; Listen
To The Mocking Bird

2. Flow Gently Sweet Afton; Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young
Charms; Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes

3. Sweet Rosie O'Grady; My Sweetheart's The Man In The Moon; 45 Minutes
 From Broadway; Goodbye, My Lover, Goodbye

4. When The Saints Go Marching In; Little David Play On Your Harp;
Joshua Fit The Battle of Jericho; Hand Me Down My Walking Cane, Ezekiel;
Saw The Wheel

5. While Strolling Through The Park; Today Is Monday; Big Rock Candy
Mountain; Oh Dear What Can The Matter Be?; Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone

6. Annie Laure; Loch Lomond Bluebells of Scotland; Comin' Through The Rye

Side Two:  The etching:  38574-1, B 1, R,

1. Hello Ma Baby; The Girl I Left Behind Me; Bill Bailey, Won't You
Please Come Home?; Wait For the Wagon; Row Row Row Your Boat

2. Sweet Adeline; On Top Of Old Smokey; Down In The Valley; In The Good
Old Summertime

3. This Old Man; Schnitzelbank; Pop Goes The Weasel; Careless Love

4. Little Liza Jane; Cindy; Where Did You Get That Hat?; So Long Mary;
Three Blind Mice

5. Anchors Aweigh; Tramp Tramp Tramp; Blow The Man Down; For He's A
Jolly Good Fellow

6. Love's Old Sweet Song; Kathleen Mavourneen; Juanita

Side Three:  The etching:  38575-1, B 1, R,

1. My Wild Irish Rose; Come Back To Erin; Killarney; The Minstrel Boy

2. In The Gloaming; Stars of the Summer Night; Come Where My Love Lies
Dreaming

3. Little Annie Rooney; Du Du Liegst Mir Im Herzen; Ach, Duy Lieber
Augustin; Oh How Lovely Is The Evening; Good Night To You All;

4. She'll Be Comin' 'Round The Mountain; Our Boys Will Shine Tonight;
The Gospel Train; Walk Together Children; Nut Brown Maiden

5. Casey Jones; Polly Wolly Doodle; The Man Who Broke The bank At Monte
Carlo; I've Been Working On The Railroad; Asleep In The Deep

6. Battle Hymn of the Republic. America, When Johnny Comes Marching
Home; America The Beautiful

Side Four:  The etching:  38576-1, A1, R,

1. There Is A Tavern In The Town; Oh Susanna; Maryland, My Maryland;
Carry Me Back To Old Virginny; The Bear Went Over The Mountain

2. Gum Tree Canoe; Dear Evelina; Sweet And Low

3. My Gal Sal; I Don't Want To Play In Your Yard; School Days; Adbul A
Bulbul Amir

4. Heaven, Heaven; O Mary Don't You Weep; Jacob's Ladder; Nobody Knows
The Trouble I've Seen; Roll Jordon Roll

5. O Sole Mio; Vuniculi Funicula; Grandfather's Clock; Keemo Kimo

6. Sweet Genevieve; Santa Lucia; In The Evening By The Moonlight;
Goodnight Ladies

2RS 1041.  101 Gang Songs.  Bing Crosby and His Friends.  Vitaphonic.
Stereo.  Long Play.  Made in U.S.A.  Warner Bros. Records, Inc., a
subsidiary & licensee of Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc.  Includes original
inner record sleeves with printed song lyrics.  Entire contents 1960 by
Tex Music, Inc., unless otherwise noted.  This has a gatefold album
cover with the following pictures inside:  1. The Crosbys on a 1960 TV
special: Phil, Bing, Dennis, and Lindsay; 2. When radio was king: Bing
and Bob Hope; 3. Bing and his "Roads To" co-star, Dorothy Lamour; 4.
Acadamy Award time, with Gary Cooper; 5. 1934, and the Paramount Picture
days; 6. The Kraft Music Hall, with John Scott Trotter, Ethel Merman,
and Bing; 7. Maurice Chevalier and Bing; 8. World War II, with Bing and
Dinah Shore in France; 9. "White Christmas," as Bing plays Santa; 10.
Bing, Carole Lombard, and Ethel Merman, in the Paramount picture "We're
Not Dressing."; 11. Al Jolson and Bing.  Album cover is apart at the top
back gatefold approximately two inches, the bottom back gatefold
approximately 9 inches, the top front gatefold approximately four inches
and the bottom center gatefold approximately three inches -- has some
shelf wear.  1401 High Fidelity.  A Project Records, Inc., Production.
--
Glen Richards (glenster at 2multiples.com)
The Hot-Dance & Vintage Jazz Pages: http://www.2multiples.com/hotdance