[78-L] Frank Luther items on my want-list for decades

Guyotsmith at aol.com Guyotsmith at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 08:27:22 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/20/2009 1:42:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vdalhart at earthlink.net writes:

Personally I feel that Luther and Robison were both  overlooked.
Perhaps both of them were too versatile.  They both  played and sang many
different styles of music.     Jack

Jack, you deserve so much credit for the superb job  you have done in
documenting the extremely important career of Vernon Dalhart.  How fortunate is the
artist who has a researcher/biographer of your caliber in  his corner!

I think you are absolutely right about Frank and  Robby. They were
musicians...and they sincerely enjoyed doing a wide variety of  music. Through his
compositions, and the fact that he adhered to the country  tradition for the last
25 years of his career, Robison has gained acceptance,  but Frank - who did
very little country music after achieving such fabulous  success with the
children's records for Decca - is still very seldom  acknowledged. This fact, coupled
with all the pseudonyms which made the song  better known than the singer,
results in an unsatisfactory acknowledgement of  Frank's achievements as a
recording artist.

Jonathan
steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)