[78-L] Shortest 78

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Wed Feb 18 07:07:48 PST 2009

I clocked this Pershing speech at 29 seconds.

Most of these though are records that at least have another side to them.  Going through a collection I brought home recently I happened across a Pol Plancon record yesterday that was about 90 seconds.  While not short compared to what we've discussed here, this Red Seal Victor is only one sided, the grooves only covered half of that one side and cost $2 new.  So these Red Seals were the worst for amount of music per dollar.  Having said that I know there were Red Seals that cost a lot more so the ratio would be even worse.