[78-L] Mr Goon-Bones and electronic echo chamber

davdieh at aol.com davdieh at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 09:35:14 PST 2009

Palitz inherited the gizmo from Master tinkerer Raymond Scott who employed it on his sextet sides. It is clearly in use on Ellington's "I let a song go out of my Heart." Once Master's operations were folded into Brunswick's the technique was employed with a vengence. All of those cavernous sounding 1939 Brunswicks and Columbias were still being recorded in the old, cramped ARC studios.
David Diehl