[78-L] first use of ghost logo?

AllenAmet at aol.com AllenAmet at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 09:16:51 PST 2009

An old question perhaps:

  What date did we decide for those Nipper/Gramophone ghost logos  beneath
the grooves for black 7" Berliner discs sold in Canada - was it  late May 1900
or May 1901?

  I ask because I am looking at an old advertisement (actual text  copy) in
Ed Moogk's book:

     "We are now stamping our records with our  Trademark through the
grooves..."

   This ad supposedly appeared in the Canadian Music Journal for  May 1901.
Or it is so shown/cited as such in Moogk's book caption.

Is the date correct, as given in Ed's book? Has anyone looked thru the CMJ
for that period (1900-1901) for the first use of this ad?

Allen

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)