[78-L] Contemporary Vinyl 78 Re-issue labels

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 14 14:08:40 PST 2009

Personally I have a bit of destain for labels that create
contemporary vinyl re-issues of 78s of the rock'n'roll (50s) eras.
There is something about those re-issues that Rhino did (perhaps
because they parodied the original labels) that comes across as
kitsch and corny and well -- even more fake than fake. Almost too
cutesy for their own good. (Of course I also feel that Rhino is a
sell-out anyway)

Be that as it may, I was asked by a visitor to my website about some
counterfeit/ bootleg 78 re-issues on the Prime label --- in
particular ones by the Beatles. As I stated in my reply, these are
not legit. But, I was wondering, does anyone know anything about that
label and its releases

Tony