[78-L] Raised lettering beneath Columbia label: A2670

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Tue Feb 10 14:23:44 PST 2009

        Thanks again, in advance, for helping a novice with his questions.

        My Columbia Grafonola A2670 has Hugh Donovan singing "The rose of
no man's land" (Mx 78148) on one side with "75c" in raised letters under
the paper label.  The label, however, states "Price in U.S. 85c.  Price in
Canada 90c".  Hmmm.  Well, we'll set that issue aside.

        My question is what are the numbers on the reverse side.  Henry
Burr sings "Over yonder where the lilies grow" (Mx 78152), and in a
combination of stamped and raised letters underneath the label, it says "4
(space, space, space, space) - 661"  I think the last numeral is a "1",
but it's hard to tell because it looks like someone changed their mind
before correcting the number to be a "1".

        Photos at
http://bigband-smallband.blogspot.com/#1106248581794253737

Stephen D,
Calgary

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may