[78-L] Rhapsody

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 9 20:01:24 PST 2009

Rhapsody in Blue, Sanroma/Fiedler: July 1, 1935 (among 14 sides made that day)
Concerto in F, Sanroma/Fiedler: March 22/40 (with the BSO, not the Pops)

I picked up that Camden CD in Towers in Honolulu..it was just a straight
reissue of the Camden LP, with hum added. Feh. And every reissue has dropped
the filler, "Strike Up the Band". Great performance, if you ignore the fact
that there's a xylophone playing and it's totally off mike. (Or it's on the -A
take, which I've never seen, and which would make pstereo.)

dl