[78-L] Jan August, Piano magic: album, series, catchphrase?

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Mon Feb 9 11:44:39 PST 2009

I won an eBay auction for "Jan August: Piano magic"; it's an album from
Diamond Discs "with tones that sparkle" (Cat# D5).  The masters later
appeared on Mercury.

The album cover clearly states that the three records inside are:
    1. "Tea for two" b/w "A pretty girl is like a melody" (Cat# 2010)
    2. "Make believe" b/w "My melancholy baby" (Cat# 2030)
    3. "Ol' man river" b/w "Some of these days" (Cat# 2031)

But instead of disc 1, I received: "My shawl" b/w "Without you" (Cat#
2032)

It seems, numerically, to belong to this album, but the problem is that
all four discs have something like a series title "Piano magic" next to
the spindle hole.

My questions are:
    1) Was this album released in different versions, with one disc
substituted in the later edition? Or, is the cover just a misprint?
    2) Was "Piano magic" a catchphrase that appeared on all of Jan
August's discs, or is it exclusively this album's name?
    3) To what does the phrase "Rhythm Stylists" refer, appearing below
Jan August's name on each disc?

See photos at: http://bigband-smallband.blogspot.com/
Thanks for any help in resolving this.

- Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may