[78-L] RE; Gladys Tsutsumi

Ken Matheson kenmath at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 21:24:23 PST 2009

RE; Gladys Tsutsumi

A good url to look up Japanese records is; http://www.geocities.jp/rojin1937/
It is in Japanese. If you convert the individual pages to MS excel, than do a (control) (F) you may get the matrix no. To convert the Showa date to our calindar add the Showa date to 1925.

I looked up Tonko Bushi, by Masao Koga, and found two entries. One was made in 1949, and sung by Yuki Kubo, and Shigeo Kusunoki, Columbia A500. And another in 1951 sung by Yukie Kusunoki, and Masao Katou, Columbia A1079.

Tanko Bushi is a very popular Bon dance tune and would not have a composer, or a listing on that url.

There is some very good Japanese and Korean blues, pop, and Enka but it is hard to get the older records out side of Japan. There is a popular site to get CDs, cdjapan.com.

I hope that helps.