[78-L] Comparo

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 13:58:30 PST 2009

"Alley Boogie", a classic! She had the benefit of notable accompanistrs like Jones and Sammy Price, but it is well verified that she was a capable singing pianist, so one may presume she either played on some of the sessions or easily could have. Though, I admit, by that line of thinking we might even arrive at including "three fingered Mamie Desdoume, she hardly could play anything else, but she sure could play this number" ("Mamie's Blues", Jellyroll Morton, General Records 78).