[78-L] American Goon show exposure

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 09:18:27 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/5/2009 11:33:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:

The  Goons were sent out on 16-inch beginning around 1956..no twelve-inchers
till quite a bit later. The "Vintage Goons" series of 1958 was on
ten-inchers!
AFRS also picked them up..don't know for how long, but I have  a half program
on
AFRS with a Hank Snow program on the  reverse....!

I was still doing a show at the station (Hofstra University) in 1960, so it
may have been then that the 12" transcriptions arrived.

Don Chichester
**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000001)