[78-L] Carlin Mark Twain award ^

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Thu Feb 5 09:09:00 PST 2009

PBS lost a stereo channel? That's odd, they're usually on top of that
sort of thing. I've come to expect it from Comedy Central, though,
especially on episodes of South Park. What's even stranger is that, if
you have a stereo TV receiver, the single channel that is broadcast has
the same info on both speakers on my receiver. An engineer would have to
work to do that!
At first I thought it was my aging ears filtering out the high frequency
foreground info to the benefit of the midrange background material. That
may be partially true, but not only some of the time. It seems there
/are/ broadcast culprits involved.
Mal

*******