[78-L] Mr. Fred of the Hummingbird Co.

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Feb 4 16:06:18 PST 2009

Yes,  it is Bernie Cummins,  and is announced as such on the record by the
President of the Hummingbird Mills,  a Mr. T. Wilson Fred (that's what he
says his name is).

Mr. Fred also says somewhere on the record that the folks who work at the
mills are just like the folks who buy Hummingbird stockings:  "White folks,
clean-cut...like you and me."

The Cummins version of "Sam" is very good,  BTW.

Funny that I have bought two copies of this record and both times the seller
indicated that they had no idea who the orch. was...guess they didn't bother
to play the thing!

Taylor