[78-L] Please stop

D P Ingram darren at ingram.fi
Tue Feb 3 22:00:01 PST 2009

Without starting a fight, sadly some of the "reactions" to the subject
do reinforce the stereotypes being formed of American society (note
NOT ALL Americans). ie. the "wardrobe malfunction" of recent years.
OMG a nipple, in a non sexual context, on television.

fWIW I wish the off topic stuff was off list. My delete key gets lots
of action. It disheartened me this morning to come in  to 111 messages
and probably the majority of them are fluff. But until I am the
moderator I can only vent, or leave the list (which was considered)
but who loses out most..?

On 3 feb 2009, at 21.07, Taylor Bowie wrote:

> Dear Tom,
>
> Does this repeated neo-Victorian fussing make you feel better for some
> reason?  I checked and found that no one had elected or appointed you
> moderator,  guardian of our morals,  or czar of  the tone of the list.

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦  www.ingram.fi ¦
¦
¦ +358 6 781 0275 (FIN) ¦ +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE) ¦ +44 203 014 3839
(UK) ¦
¦ extn 8001
¦