[78-L] For Tom and anyone else still interested

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Feb 3 09:29:50 PST 2009

This is for Tom,  or anyone else who is interested.

I stated when I first posted some similar absurdities that it was not my
intention to start a thread on misperception and misunderstanding of song
lyrics or titles.  I tried to show how easy it is to find something
"offensive" is someone is determined to do so.

The real point of my post (I can't speak for the posts of others) is that on
line it seems very easy to wrongly judge the intent and the motives of
posters,  and to find malice,  prejudice,  etc. when none was intended.

Sorry to be blunt,  but you alone seem to want to continue some sort of
moral crusade against imagined prejudice,  racism and obscenity when there
is actually none there.  I  would imagine that your views on such subjects
are not much different from those of the rest of us,  but you continue to
swat at these imaginary problems,  and it accomplishes nothing.

Last...you should have realized by now that there is a lot of humor
exchanged on this list,  and some of it will not be to your taste.  Some of
it is not to my taste either,  but that's the way the list works.

Taylor