[78-L] Summy-Birchard LPs (OT)

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 14:28:36 PST 2009

Dnjchi at aol.com wrote:

> I have 2 LPs from c.1960 with outstanding fidelity and stereo separation,
> rare for that period.  I have 2 of a 3 record set, "Showcase for Symphonic
> Band" featuring the Chicago symphonic band directed by Herman Clebanoff, guest
> conductor.  They were issued by the music publishing house which, I fear, is no
> more.  I am missing #3 of the set.  Anyone have one or more of these  great
> LPs from Summy-Birchard?

There is a copy in the University of Illinois Library
http://www.library.uiuc.edu/
in the Center for American Music
Sousa Archives
http://tinyurl.com/dffnq8

Perhaps you can fetch it using interlibrary loan at your local library
or you can get someone near Champaign-Urbana to borrow it and record it
for you.*
*

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)