[78-L] eBay cross-border/ ^Now a Fish Story

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 11:44:45 PST 2009

Yeah, that's what I call luck. Once, flying back from Europe,  I bought two
huge pre-packed smoked salmons in Iceland. We'd purchased round-trip seats
on Icelandic Airlines which always stopped there. As there was no available
room  in the plane's refrigerator the woman in charge of service in our
steerage section told me to put the salmons on my lap or under my seat.
Fortunately the seat on the opposite side of the aisle was vacant as the man
who had been in it on the way to Europe had died there. (On Icelandic,
identical seats are assigned for both ways) So we strapped the salmons into
his seat all the way back to NYC. I hope his wife wasn't waiting for him at
the airport or she'd be living with a lox.
Sometimes you luck out eh?

Al S.