[78-L] Six Brown Brothers as Columbia Saxophone Sextette

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Tue Jan 27 12:23:48 PST 2009

        Moogk describes their discs as being by the Saxo Sextet, but I'm
looking at one those discs released under the name of Columbia Saxophone
Sextette.  The song titles and catalogue # both match.
        So was Moogk wrong, or is this a generic company name for any
saxophone band who wished to remain anonymous?
        Also, I don't remember Ed Manning / Moogk on CBC.  Which program
would that have been?
- Stephen D
Calgary