[78-L] Chevy, was Re: Good-bye^

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Mon Jan 26 10:49:50 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom" <nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Chevy, was Re: Good-bye^

<< And "the day the music died" was really the day his car radio went on the
fritz
(hey, is that a racist remark?) .... >>
  Or Crapped out? After Thomas Crapper who invented, well, Duh! The Crapper?

No, but I do remember that when President Reagan was in office he had to
apologize for using the term "welsh" in a manner that was viewed by some as
offensive. I think his remark was something along the lines of "The United
States doesn't welsh on its debts."

Welshmen everywere were, apparently, outraged, though it all seemed somewhat
over the top to me.

 Hey I resemble that! I never thought of it as offensive.

   Bob Rhys