[78-L] Chevy, was Re: Good-bye

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 26 09:48:58 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 12:27 -0500, Bob Rice wrote:

>    Remember the Good old Chevy ads of the 50's "See the USA in Your
> Chevrolet?" I do, I remember hearing the whole thing. A sorta feel- good
> thing from back when Chevies ruled, an' Apple pie, was good ,daze of the USA
> .Does anybody have a copy of that, as It must have been on a 78? Maybe
> Chevie dealers had them? Just curious? A bit of US-ian nostalgia?Anybody got
> a copy or link? Would be fun for the next car club meeting!

I got nothin', but your post reminds me that we are pretty much one week
away from the day when Don McLean purportedly drove his Chevy to the
levee, only to find it dehydrated.  'Twill be the 50th anniversary of
the deaths of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper and their
pilot, Roger Petersen.

At least Holly's records came out on 78, at least through 1958. Don't
know about the other two.