[78-L] question r.e. the Friendly Brothers

maceo maceo at nugrape.net
Mon Jan 26 00:45:49 PST 2009

Rod,

According to the latest gospel discography The Friendly Brothers feature
on the c.1958 session::

William "Bill" Spivery Jr. - lead vocal, Willie McDonald, Henry
Hamilton, Jimmy Morris, Joseph Watson, Amos Jones, Melvin Owens
vocals/guitar? with Rev. Ralph Phillips guitar

Tracks available on the UK Gospel Heritage reissue LP316 which don't
appear to be issued elsewhere.

There is also a Chicago 12th May 1959 session on Vee Jay 890 and 984,
with an unissued track.
this session adds Al Duncan - drums.
This group is different to the Friendly Brothers Quartet on RCA-Victor.

Cheers,

Gary