[78-L] Don Bonnee

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 00:43:39 PST 2009

Taylor Bowie wrote:
> Does anyone have any information about this fine clarinet player,
> supposedly recorded with Teagarden,  did superb work with Lawrence Welk in
> the 50s and early 60s.
>
> I just recently located a Dot LP of his called "The Don Bonnee Octet,  as
> featured on Lawrence Welk"  but I haven't received it yet.
>
> Curious about what he was up to both before and after his years with Welk.
> He is an outstanding musician.
>

> Taylor

 From Lord 4.4:

  Jack Teagarden
Charlie Teagarden (tp) Jack Teagarden (tb) Heinie Beau (cl,arr) Gus
Bivona (cl) Don Bonnee (cl-1) replaces Bivona, Pud Brown (ts) Marvin Ash
(p) Ray Leatherwood (b) Ray Bauduc (d) Helen Hutchinson, Bob Albert, Jud
Conlon Singers (vcl)
Hollywood, CA, December 15, 1951
     Mama and daddy land (hh,jcs vcl; hb arr)    Omega OM-111
     Soft lights (ba,jcs vcl)         -
     You wonderful guy (hh vcl; hb arr,1)    Omega OM-112
     Parasol (ba vcl; hb arr,1)         -      , Omega 45-OM-112
Note: Some sources list date of this session as December 13, 1951.

      Julian Vein