[78-L] Benzaquin ~ Cocoanut Grove

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Sun Jan 25 21:57:07 PST 2009

At 12:48 AM 1/26/2009, Taylor wrote:
>Among my endless "collecting" interests,  I collect and read everything I
>can find related to the Boston Cocoanut Grove,  before,  during,  and after
>the fire which destroyed the place on November 28,  1942.  I became
>interested as a nine-year old in 1962 when I happened to find and read a
>paperback of the Benzaquin book.

And I assume you've read the very well-researched book by Stephanie
Schorow about the Cocoanut Grove? She found much research (with my
help, I might add, but she's also a very well respected media
historian, author of a number of books, and a former journalist)
about a number of the people involved in the story.  I can ask her
what if anything she found about the employees of the club-- we did
find all sorts of stuff about Mickey Alpert and sort of solved the
Dotty Myles mystery.