[78-L] Amos 'n' Andy on TV]

William A. Brent bbrent at pipeline.com
Sun Jan 25 14:17:30 PST 2009

sorry for continuing this, but its like people who have heard about a
record, commenting
on it, without actually listening to it.

you really have never watched the A&A show, have you. there were Bank
Presidents,
Store owners, doctors - even Amos was a cab driver and family man.
Andy was a more likeable
version of Ralph Kramden - Kingfish was pretty close to Fred Sandford
- Lightning, well
that one I'll give ya - but thats one minor recurring character.
The women were smarter and more industrious than the men (a step
above Alice and
Trixies). And in one episode - The  Diner - when Kingfish and Andy
try to better
themselves and buy a business - its the white owners who sell it to
them, knowing that
the business was about to fail.