[78-L] Obama quotes Dorothy Fields (not OT, the song was on 78)

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Jan 24 16:18:28 PST 2009

Bud just made an eloquent plea, and I intend to follow him to Scotland via
the shortest route possible.

I had intended to send the following earlier today,  but then thought better
of it,  but now,  in light of the latest round (and in solidarity with Bud
and others) I say to one and all:

Oh,  PLEASE.............haven't we had ENOUGH of this without anyone
scratching his way back to earlier a mails on the same worn-to-death topic
and adding one more gratuitous reply?  The last post with "Dorothy Fields"
in the subject line was at least three days ago.  I would point out to the
last poster (here I'm trying to be a little funny and not mean) that
technology used "thoughtfully" and "responsibly" includes DELETING a mails
when they are old and clearly not in need of any more attention.

Does anyone have even a rough idea of when all this tedious chatter about
the Great Issues of Our Time will come to an end here on 78-I?  When that
day arrives,  I will pop open a bottle of champagne and celebrate.  Or I'll
have a single-malt Scotch with Bud.

Don't get me wrong...these are all matters worthy of thought and
discussion...but WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE HERE?  In fact,  given that few of
us know any of the rest very well,  why SHOULD it be here?  I have views and
opinions on politics,  race,  international affairs, etc. just like the rest
of you...BUT THAT IS NOT WHY I AM HERE.

I haven't blocked anyone,  I don't WANT to block anyone,  but it's really
getting crazy when I have to sort through fifty or more 78-L messages,  only
a few of which are even close to being on topic.

I have gone through every stage here recently,  from mild irritation to
anger to sadness, etc.  Now I guess I am just reduced to begging:  GIVE IT A
REST,  PLEASE.

Taylor