[78-L] You never answered Chris Zwarg's question

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 11:11:15 PST 2009

Okay, then, how about these lyrics?

From, "Who Threw the overalls in Mrs. Murphy's chowder.

"It's an Irish trick, that's true,
I can lick the Mick that threw....."

From "When Tony Goes Over The Top" - by Billy Murray

"When Tony Goes over the top,
Keep your eyes on that fightin' wop..."

Want some more?  Think blacks were the only ones "denigrated" in the early
days of recorded music.?

And as for Stephen Foster and Al Jolson not being relevant anymore, may I
add (for the vast majority) neither are 78 rpm records.  So, what the hell
are we doing here?

Bud