[78-L] One person's opinions...?!^

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 08:00:16 PST 2009

Alexandre Benoit wrote:

> It's amazing how intense the discussion can be in the US-American public about
> political correctness. But that's only about words (Yes, they can hurt, I know).
>
> How about the recent US wars, including Vietnam? All undeclared and thus illegal,
> therefore crimes of war. Think about 300,000 civilians killed by US-Americans in I**q.
> Never mind political correctness in words.
>
> It's about time we get some 'Magnificent Seven' who stop the Bully of the Globe.
> Is Obama one of them?
>
> Alex
=====================
I remember the US government describing their intervention in Vietnam as
"a police action" to get round the illegality of it. But war is war,
with all its suffering, whether declared or otherwise.

Regarding Afghanistan, there was a news item, I believe in a Belgium
newspaper a couple of years ago, about how much more humane the newly
installed government there had become--they were going to use smaller
stones to kill so-called wrongdoers. Unfortunately, capitalism throws up
madnesses like this and 9/11, Rwanda, Nazism, apartheid etc, along with
boom and bust, and will continue to do so as long as it remains in
existence.

       Julian Vein