[78-L] Stephen Foster

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 23 21:17:50 PST 2009

That was always my impression. By the way, somewhere in the thousands of hours
of quarter-track slow-speed half-mil tape recorded by the Lennick family in the
60s is the audio from a Canadian TV panel show in which Charles Correll said
that the voices on Amos 'n' Andy were "not necessarily Negroes, but merely
Southerners". I kid you not. I'd love to find that tape, but the wording comes
from a script I wrote in 1966 and I quoted him verbatim at the time.

So nyaa.

(Duck, Lenny!)