[78-L] Quoting Ginger Rogers and ignoring Glenn Miller

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 17:14:17 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of Michael Biel
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:44 PM
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: Re: [78-L] Quoting Ginger Rogers and ignoring Glenn Miller

David Weiner wrote:
 > The Miller soundtrack recordings were issued for the first time
 > by RCA on LP in 1954 and by 20th Century Fox in 1959. Dave W.

But it had already been out on 78.  RCA Victor 27934 recorded May 20,
1942 on  072285-1
---------

That was the COMMERCIAL recording on 78 - I was referring to the two
different Miller SOUNDTRACK recordings - different arrangements and
vocalists - made for SUN VALLEY SERENADE in 1941 and ORCHESTRA WIVES in 1942
that made their first appearance only on LP.

Dave W.