[78-L] Quoting Ginger Rogers and ignoring Glenn Miller

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 21 17:06:01 PST 2009

From: "RAY KILCOYNE" >> >>
> The list shows a big gap between 1942 and 1957.  Certainly there were
> dozens
> of recordings made between those years, not the least of which was a
> charted
> version by Ray Anthony in 1952.  Here are some possible others from that
> missing time period.
>
> DeCastro Sisters
> Four Freshmen
> Sil Austin?
> Leroy Holmes
> Beltran?

It's amazing how few recordings of AT LAST were made between the Miller and
Anthony versions (1942-1952).  I did see that Charlie Spivak recorded it for
Columbia (36642), which puts it around Oct. 1942.  Tony Martin also did it
but it may have been a cover of the Anthony hit.  There's got to be others
from the 40's.
RayK