[78-L] Big Bill Broonzy at the Inauguration

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 15:53:11 PST 2009

Yes. I have it by Broonzy on a French Vogue 78, recorded around 1951. I'm not home to check, but Pete Seeger may have done it also.

Lowery misquoted the song (if he even knew it existed). The correct lines are:

If you're white, you're all right
If you are brown, stick around,
But if you're black, oh brother.
Get back, get back, get back