[78-L] columbia history of music

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 20 19:42:56 PST 2009

If the price is right, why not? I can't say that I play anything from those
sets too frequently, but there were some interesting performances in it by Myra
Hess, Sir Hamilton Harty as pianist (duetting with Myra in fact) and
conducting, Bartok playing the piano, the Lener Quartet, Harold Samuel, Harold
Draper, Harriet Cohen, a bit of Varese even. Not exactly chopped liver although
the first volume probably is in the old "we gotta make this 13th century crap
palatable for the unwashed modern masses of 1930" style. I'm only seeing five
volumes in the catalogue and in WERM.

Hope your hand is okay soon.

dl