[78-L] The ultimate turntable

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 12:05:23 PST 2009

One reason is they might not support a shellac transcription or a 20"
Pathe. The magnetic suspension may not be able to withstand that weight.
The thing appears to be designed primarily for 12" vinyl, which weighs
only a fraction of what the others weigh.

Would such a device actually improve the sound of a vintage record?
Would my Rachmaninoff 78s sound that much noticeably better than the
complete RCA CD set?

I'd still like to have a straight line tracking TT to experiment with.

Fort Nauck I'm not so worried about...

joe salerno