[78-L] It's a Wonderful Life

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sun Jan 18 09:10:30 PST 2009

Heesh... I'll have to listen for the Hawaiian number next time IAWL runs
on the teevee. I haven't had the desire to see this movie since I was a
kid.  Can anyone recall the tune?
And, speaking of which, I keep an eye out for Hawaiian musicians -
especially Sol Hoopii - when they appear on film, silent or soundie.
Here's a list of the Sols I've found so far:

Bird Of Paradise (1932)
States Attorney (1932)
Night By Night (1932)
The Little Giant (1933)
Flirtation Walk (1934)
Rhythm In The Clouds (1937)
Waikiki Wedding (1937)
Hawaiian Buckaroo (1938)
Navy Blues (1941)
Song Of The Islands (1942)

Any other sightings?
For extra credit, what Hawaiian tune is the band on board the ship that
first sights the monster in "Godzolla"? And for the Grand Prize, what
band was it played by?

*******