[78-L] It's a Wonderful Life

martha MLK402 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 17 21:43:21 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] It's a Wonderful Life

> That Batwing style was used almost every time a mock-up record label had to be
> made..except for a close imitation of a Brunswick label at the end of one of
> the early Warner Brothers classics (it might be Little Caesar).

Public Enemy -  Ma puts a Brunswick of "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" (another title
is on the label) on her Orthophonic - pretty fancy for Shanty Irish, but her son IS
the Public Enemy & a big bootlegger!  (I don't think they show the cabinet, just a
close-up of the record & tone-arm, but it was obviously Ortho ... and with the
automatic stop levers not engaged)

In Little Caesar,  a Credenza is used as a place to throw coats & hats. And Fred
Astaire has a WHITE Credenza in his  room, in one film .

I think the machine in It's a Wonderful Life is a table-top Victrola, either IV or
VI