[78-L] Irving Kaufman Party Record???

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jan 17 20:16:21 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Thanks,  David.  I noticed that you don't list the Sterling label on your
> party record web site,  so I'm assuming that most of their stuff is
> Yiddish
> or other ethnic material?

No...Sterling also was the first label to issue the work of Hank Williams I
(if you run across these, they are worth rather large sums of money...!)
It was one of the earlier "indie" labels which tried to do battle with the
"majors"...a few years before "rock'n'roll" made the "indies" rich while
all but eliminating the concept of "major labels" (except, of course, RCA
Victor...who bought the Sun contract of one Elvis Presley...thus becoming
profit-making unto the present day...?!)

...stevenc