[78-L] Original Sound of the 20s~Frances Williams

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 15:12:52 PST 2009

Yes, I didn't know about the Gershwin edit until that record showed up
on one of those Rockefeller New World albums.  The most obvious edit is the
opener to the Buddy Rogers record, "this is my first recording...,"  Why, oh
why, would they do that??  (And what record did they lift it from?)

---------
The Buddy Rogers has something added, not removed! The opening announcement
is from his recording of "Anytime's the Time to Fall in Love," which then
segues into the COMPLETE 	recording of "Sweepin' the Clouds Away."
Both songs are from the 1930 film, PARAMOUNT ON PARADE.

Dave W.