[78-L] BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Jan 15 16:38:06 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "RAY KILCOYNE" <kil at roadrunner.com>
> My favorite 78 of the 200 I own is BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE by Esther
> Williams and Ricardo Montalban.  Just read that he passed away at age 88.
>
> It's also about one degree fahrenheit outside right now, giving another
> reason for the subject line.

Well, thank the powers that be that you're not up here in Canada! It was -21
Celsius (about
5 below in US degrees) when I went outside to retrieve the morning
papers...and wasn't
supposed to improve that much as the day wore on!! I remain convinced that
bears have
the most sensible approach to winter...they fatten up, and tire themselves
out mating...then
crawl off into a cave (admittedly unheated, as bears never perfected the use
of heaters...?!)
and wait for spring to once again return!

...stevenc