[78-L] Pickup on South Street

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Jan 15 14:31:40 PST 2009

I've seen the movie many times and have concluded that it's some sort of
"mock-up" of an "old 78" which spins on the turntable while the soundtrack
gives out with what I'm sure was a new version of the song "Mam'selle" which
was first used in The Razor's Edge (1947).  The scratchy surface noise was
added to make it sound "old."   Don't know who the singer was.

Taylor B