[78-L] Victor set P-79

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 15 04:07:25 PST 2009

note also the following LP release.
Best wishes, Thomas.

RCA VINTAGE SERIES LP  RCA LPV-507
SMOKY MOUNTAIN BALLADS
  Side 1
Cumberland Mountain Deer Race Charlotte, NC, 1/26/38. Uncle Dave Macon.
Riding on that Train Forty-Five Charlotte, NC, 8/2/37. Steve Ledford.
Down with the Old Canoe Charlotte, NC, 1/25/38. The Dixon Brothers.
Chittlin’ Cookin’ Time in Cheatham County Charlotte, NC, 2/17/36. The Arthur Smith Trio.
Where is my  Sailor  Boy? Charlotte, NC, 10/12/36. The Monroe Brothers.
Worried Man Blues Memphis, TN, 5/24/30. The Carter Family.
On a Cold Winter’s Night Charlotte, NC, 6/15/36. J.E. Mainer’s Mountaineers.
On Tanner’s Farm San Antonio, TX, 3/29/34. Gid Tanner and Riley Puckett.
  Side 2
Darling Corey Charlotte, NC, 6//21/36. The Monroe Brothers
I’m Bound to Ride Charlotte, NC, 8/3/37. The Arthur Smith Trio
Intoxicated Rat Charlotte, NC, 2/12/26. The Dixon Brothers.
Railroadin’ and Gamblin’ Charlotte, NC, 1/26/38. Uncle Dave Macon.
The East Virginia  Blues Camden, NJ, 5/8/34. The Carter Family.
Ida Red San Antonio, TX, 3/29/34. Gid Tanner and His Skillet Lickers.
Down in the Willow Charlotte, NC, 8/2/37. Wade Mainer and Zeke Morris.
There’s More Pretty Girls Than One Charlotte, NC, 2/17/36. The Arthur Smith Trio.