[78-L] Why we collect

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Jan 14 16:45:22 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bertrand CHAUMELLE" <chaumelle at orange.fr>
> Hi Steve,
> Two recent remarks by you and David Lennick regarding your vast
> collections, reminded me of someone named Jacob S. Schneider, who had
> (in 1957) 450,000 jazz and popular records from 1888 to 1943.
> Did anyone ever heard of him ?

MORE IMPORTANTLY...what became of his collection...?!
The last I knew, the records were being sold off by Peter Leavitt...
with whom I then lost touch  (he thought I took too long to pay
a bill he sent me...?!)...! AFAIK Mr. Leavitt may no longer be
with us...can anyone confirm/deny this...? If he isn't does
anyone else intebd to continue the sale...??

I filled in a LOT of blanks via Peter Leavitt!

...stevenc