[78-L] a couple of posts in Ye Olde Bloggue

Tim Hume timhumev385 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 14:57:38 PST 2009

A few weeks ago, I published in the Sanctum (link in my signature) that weird Robert McBride/Bert Shefter record (that colorful Musicraft label that was a hot topic around here at the time)...and several other Massachusetts-related records.

I've continued the Boston-related thread in today's posting...and included two rather scarce 10" LPs...Bob & Ray's "Write If You Get Work" and the wonderful Dick Wetmore LP on Bethlehem...featuring compositions by occasional 78-L'er Bob Zieff.

I hope he'll enjoy hearing it again...I can think of a couple of dozen collectors who'll be very happy indeed. The LP has been out of print in the States for half a century. It's just too good to keep it in limbo.

Maybe this posting will shame the owners of the Bethlehem archives to put out a legitimate issue of the album...but I'm not holding my breath. It took me over twenty years to get my copy.

Enjoy the goodies.

~tmh

Visited my blog lately? zorchv38.blogspot.com